|Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr.|
The Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association recently elected its board for the upcoming year. The organization seeks to articulate and promote the goals of African American lawyers in Miami-Dade County while fostering a greater awareness of the civil and political rights of the local African American community.
The officers are:
- Noel Johnson, Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial LLC: President
- Yolanda Paschal, Carlton Fields : President-Elect
- Leigh-Ann Buchanan, Berger Singerman LLP : Vice President
- Nicole Ellis, Kubicki Draper : Immediate Past President
- Vincent Alexander, Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton : Treasurer
- Keon Hardemon, Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office : Secretary
- Bryan Paschal, Rivero Mestre LLP : Group I Director
- Gordon Murray, Gordon Murray, PA : Group II Director
The Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association provides mentoring, networking and financial assistance to numerous law and undergraduate students. Members are also involved in the mentoring programs and oratorical contests for elementary and high school students. In addition, the organization hosts various events such as judicial forums, symposiums and Continuing Legal Education lectures. The organization, founded in 1977, has had an impact on the legal, civic and political landscape of Miami-Dade County.